This is a question on many motorists’ minds, as selecting the right garage to carry out bodywork repairs can be challenging at best and a nightmare at worst. You might be lucky and have had a positive experience with a repair garage, in which case, you should continue to use their services when necessary, but failing that, here are some important things you will find available with a good garage.
- Established and Experienced – There is no substitute for longevity, especially in such a competitive field as auto body repairs, and by sourcing an established local company that has experience with your particular make and model, you are reducing the risk of a negative experience. There are, for example, experienced panel beaters in Perth who use the very latest technology to correctly repair vehicle damage, and with a very efficient customer service, they will actually come to you and give you an estimate for the repair work.
- Comprehensive Service – The right garage would view the repair as more than that, and would therefore go out of their way to inconvenience the customer as little as possible. Loan cars would be on offer, and for those really busy people, a delivery and collection service would ensure that their schedule is not affected by temporarily losing their car.
- Transparent and Approachable – The pricing structure should be easy to understand, and whenever the customer has a choice, the technician would clearly explain the options, giving their expert opinion as to the best repair option. It is nice to be kept informed of the progress, and should you have any questions, the technician would be happy to provide the answers.
- State of the Art Facilities – In order to carry out proper repairs, the body repair shop would need an array of precise instruments and machinery to help with the work. Paintless dent removal (PDR) is a cost effective way to remove dents, providing the pain seal has not been compromised, and most established repair garages would use this technique whenever possible. The paint shop itself should be geared up for quality spraying, and by using the best quality paint products, your vehicle will soon look like new.
- Prompt Response – You might have been involved in an accident on the open road, and in such cases, the car is often not driveable, and the ideal car repair specialist will actually come to you, and once everything has been agreed, they would arrange for the car to be collected and taken to their premises. No one wants to be without their car any longer than necessary, and with a swift response, the repairs will soon be completed.
If you are looking for a reliable and experienced car bodywork repair shop, an online search is the best place to start, and after some browsing, you should be able to narrow down the search to one or two companies.